Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wordmasters

Confession: I love words.  I know, shocking.  So I've gone through the script and picked out some of my favs: the ones that are real hinges in the story, the ones I really like, the ones I think you should know in advance.  For the pre-show pre-test.  Or, you know, for funsies.

For the 97% of you unfamiliar with Wordmasters, pretend that title says "Vocab Quiz" or "SAT Verbal Reasoning."  For the rest of you, holler.

Don't forget to check out the links for helpful images.


***

ballsy: aggressively bold

cahoots: parternship, league

duped: easily deceived or cheated

hyper-rational: extremely rational

majestic: having or exhibiting majesty; stately

ratchet: to proceed by steps or degrees

swoon: to faint, to become enraptured

virago: 1. a loud overbearing woman; termagant OR 2. a woman of great stature, strength, and courage [I love the shit out of the English language for this one.]

whorl: something that whirls, coils, or spirals or whose form suggests such movement

winsome: generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence


 The True Story, or Vicious & Multiple & Untrue After All will premiere as part of First Person Arts RAW at the First Person Arts Festival (November 8-17, 2012).

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the link to the Urban Dictionary definition of ratchet!

    ReplyDelete