Friday, October 26, 2012

Ladies' Week

I've just realized that I've had the chance to hang out with a lot of amazing ladies this week - friends new and old, colleagues, conspirators.  In fact, this week is about to culminate in a whole party of ladies AND a Mural Arts sponsored panel about female MCs: Ladies First - Hip Hop Heretics.  In honor of all the amazing ladies, both this week and throughout my entire life, who have shared good times and great insights, a teeny excerpt:


She wrote back within a half hour, a whole email of good, solid advice, followed by a disclosure that it was just advice, that she’d support me, no matter what. I couldn’t help thinking of how many times she, I, all us women really, had been burned by giving good, solid advice to our friends.

Chicks before dicks, ladies.  Listen to your girlfriends.

 
The True Story, or Vicious & Multiple & Untrue After All will premiere as part of First Person Arts RAW at the First Person Arts Festival (November 8-17, 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment