Monday, September 16, 2013

True Stories on Youtube (& elsewhere)

I got this photo from True Stories in an email this week. It was taken by the wonderful Maria Möller when the show was up last fall. Christ Church Neighborhood House is using it in a bunch of their promo materials this season, which makes me feel incredibly proud and grateful.


I've been spazzing out a bit lately about the logistics and the writing and the promotion and oh, everything for Fundamental Frequencies -- and it reminded me that I did this. I did a show. I got all those lovely ladies to get up on stage and read my words, and you know what? No one died.

And that reminded me that I haven't *really* shared this video yet, partially because it took me nearly a year to get it together, and partially because I've been so focused on Fundamental Frequencies, and yeah, partially because it's a little scary to have it all out there, visible to the world.

But seeing that photo reminded me of how amazing it felt to share my work, how supported I felt by my collaborators, my friends and family, and the audiences that came out to see it, and how important it was for me to share that story. And if I can just remember that that's why I'm working on the logistics and the writing and the promotion and oh, everything right now, then it's a whole lot more . . . fun, honestly.

With that in mind, please enjoy.




Fundamental Frequencies
will premiere as part of the Blueprint Breakout Series
October 28 & 29, 2013
tickets available at the door or in advance with donation here

No comments:

Post a Comment