Sunday, November 4, 2012

Five Lessons from the First Showings

  1. The things I'm afraid of doing (and that I dislike in performance) are, in fact, the things I do.  Like throwing in all the things.  Darlings, you're dead to me.  Time to simplify, clarify, & elegance...ify?
  2. Having the cast make eye contact (now that they're off-book) has an amazing impact on both their work and my ability to absorb it.
  3. Making teeny-tiny changes can have HUGE impact.  I keep learning this in my writing as well, but it's surprising every time.
  4. When I have to read for missing performers, I only sort of feel like an idiot.
  5. I am not a sociopath.  (Long story.)


 The True Story, or Vicious & Multiple & Untrue After All will premiere as part of First Person Arts RAW at the First Person Arts Festival (November 8-17, 2012).

1 comment: