Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bad Ideas / Good Ideas

In honor of being done with what turned out to be an amazingly simple show, a list of all the awful things I almost did:

  • me shouting certain lines from the audience or balcony
  • puppets (not a bad idea in itself, but something I know nothing about)
  • inserting pauses after lines I think you should laugh at
  • making the music as loud as the speaking, thereby cancelling out all words
  • advertising the show on OkCupid

This is in part another thank you to all the smart folks that steered me away from these things (although I made the OkCupid decision on my own, thank you very much), but it's also a lead in to what's next this time around:

Nothing.

Okay, not nothing, but no shows. For now. In the past year, I dove into writing for the stage, then I dove into performing, then I dove into directing. I think I need a breather. And maybe also to take the time to learn some things, rather than diving. To swim, if you will. So if you have any leads - classes, books, people to talk to - on the basic how-to's of creating performance, gimme a holler.


Fundamental Frequencies
premiered as part of the Blueprint Breakout Series
at Broad Street Ministry
October 28 & 29, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment