Friday, September 28, 2012

like hearts on marble

I'll be posting more about the first rehearsals once I process a bit more, but one of the things that came up was the title of this story (aka the bane of my existence) and the quote I have on the current draft:
"The true story is vicious and multiple and untrue after all." - Margaret Atwood
Ms. Atwood is one of my greatest literary heroes, and "True Stories," the poem from which this was gleaned, was one of the first poems I memorized and recited.

I hear reposting of poems is a copyright violation (which I think is kind of sucky), so I'll just post a snippet, and encourage you to hit up your local library or bookstore for more.

The true story is vicious
and multiple and untrue
after all.  Why do you
need it?  Don't ever
ask for the true story.
 
 The True Story, or Vicious & Multiple & Untrue After All will premiere as part of First Person Arts RAW at the First Person Arts Festival (November 8-17, 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment